"The Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth."
Sunday Readings' Discussion Questions
Holy Trinity Sunday, May 26, 2013(HolyTrinityC)
From the Center for Liturgy at Saint Louis University
Lecturas y Comentarios
Prayer of the Hours
Burning Question: What are 5 major reasons we pray?
Questions on Sunday's Readings for use by discussion groups,
prayer groups, or for individual prayer.
Book of Proverbs, Chapter 8, Verses 22-31
1. The reading says “I beside him as his craftsman, and I was his delight day by day, playing before him all the while, playing on the surface of his earth.” Who is talking? Is there a similarity between this ancient reading and the opening of John’s Gospel ?
2. The speaker says “I found delight in the human race.” Do you think anyone takes delight in you? Does God? Does Christ?
Psalm 8: 4-5, 6-7, 8-9
1. Our Psalmist says that we are made 'little less than the angels,and crowned with glory and honor.' As a child of God, speak of how you are doing the work of the Lord and how you know He takes pleasure in what you do.
2. The Psalm tells us that the Lord has given us humans dominion over all the beasts of the field ... and whatever swims the paths of the seas.' We know also that the earth was designed to be lived in. What are you doing to be a good steward over the 'works of His hands?'
Letter of St. Paul to the Romans, Chapter 5, Verses 1-5
1. “The love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit.” If God is the source, what kind of love is it that is in your heart? Can you feel or sense the presence of the Holy Spirit in yourself?
2. Why would God include us intimately in the divine love in the Trinity? If divine love is flowing through you while you are suffering, do you think this helps the world now?
According to John, Chapter 16, Verses 12-15
1. Does the Spirit add anything to God’s revelation? Does the Spirit change your understanding of revelation? Can understanding of divine love be exhausted? Have you ever reached a place where “you could not bear” more knowledge of love?
2. Can the Holy Spirit use dissension and debate to bring about new understanding? Can these be signs of life? Discuss ways the church grows in understanding. What hinders growth in the church sometimes? What hinders your growth?
Online Sunday Bible Study Group
Please share your reflections on the above Sunday Readings with other ParishWorld readers. May we be blessed by God's words as reflected in your thoughts and experience-sharing.